BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
janetts
Calcite | Level 5

Is the ODS Graphics Editor available in SAS on Demand for Professionals? 

4 REPLIES 4
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

It is freely downloadable from the SAS support site. Just go to support.sas.com and search for "ods graphics editor download". You will see the instructions to download and install it.

Hope this helps!

Dan

janetts
Calcite | Level 5

I'm not sure what's going on.  I found a couple of different places to download it from (all SAS webpages), and downloaded 3 different versions before I got one that would actually install.  Finally, I launched the program and started playing with a graph (vertical boxplots).  Some of the commands seemed to work (adding text boxes,  rectangles, ovals, lines, arrows); others didn't:  Title and footnote and image commands produced no effect.  Attempts to change the color of anything did not work.  Then the program would suddenly disappear.  There would be no icon for it on the taskbar.  None of the changes would be saved.  This is very strange.  I'm trying to learn it to help a student, but I'm not having any luck. 

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Can you post the URL for the location that you successfully installed? That way, I can make sure you installed the correct version. Also, what version of SAS are you using with OnDemand?

janetts
Calcite | Level 5

Dan:

Here are the sites I visited, and the files I downloaded and tried.  The 3rd file is the one that worked, in part.  I use a Toshiba Satellite M645 laptop computer running Windows 7 with SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3.  I know that there is a more recent version available now, but I've been very busy and haven't attempted to install it yet. 

Thank you for your help!

http://support.sas.com/demosdownloads/sysdep_t1.jsp?packageID=484&context=%2Fdownloads

http://support.sas.com/demosdownloads/sysdep_t1.jsp?packageID=618&context=%2Fdownloads

grsgeditor_921102_win_xx_web_1              208,380KB   (from the second URL)

grsgeditor_9215_win_xx_web_1                    94,317KB  (from the first URL)

grsgeditor_921102_wx6_xx_web_1             208,380 KB  (from the second URL)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation