BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JenHarper
Calcite | Level 5

If we are using EG as a local client to a server install of SAS, is it possible to launch SG Designer from EG?

If not, is ODS Graphics Designer a stand-alone client/product our SASadmin can add to our install packages on our local machines?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Starting with EG 5.1 (shipped in 9.3), the two ODS Graphics tasks are baked into EG.  The ”Open ODS Graphics Designer…” task (on Tasks->Graph menu) simply launches the ODS Graphics Designer on your local SAS server (requires local SAS server).   The ”Show ODS Statistical Graph…” task (on Tasks->Graph menu) replays .sgd files  created by the ODS Graphics Designer (does not require a local SAS server). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Starting with EG 5.1 (shipped in 9.3), the two ODS Graphics tasks are baked into EG.  The ”Open ODS Graphics Designer…” task (on Tasks->Graph menu) simply launches the ODS Graphics Designer on your local SAS server (requires local SAS server).   The ”Show ODS Statistical Graph…” task (on Tasks->Graph menu) replays .sgd files  created by the ODS Graphics Designer (does not require a local SAS server). 

JenHarper
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Sanjay.  I see the tasks and "Open..." does work when I use Remote Desktop on our server.

Don't have a *.sgd in front of me to test local replay of it, but I'm sure it will work.

Appreciate it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation