BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
NicolásS
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all, I´m using SAS Enterprise Guide versión 6.1 (64 bit) to generate a pie chart which I export to HTML. When I open the graph in Internet Explorer in the same computer I use to generate the graph, everything looks ok, but when I use a different computer, all the numbers in the grpah loose format!!! has anyone suffered the same problema? Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Nicolás

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

If the graphs EG is generating look different when they are viewed on different computers, then they are being rendered at the time of viewing ... which probably means you're using device=activex (which is likely, as I think that is the EG default). To guarantee the graphs look the same no matter where they're viewed, I would recommend using a static device for your output, such as device=png, or if you prefer the look of activex graphs then use device=actximg.

I'm not an EG user, so I'm not sure exactly where that setting is on the EG menus. If you have trouble finding it, perhaps post that part of the question in the EG forum.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

What do you mean by lose format?  Do you mean the font properties change in some fashion, or the numbers aren't lined up right, or something else?

NicolásS
Calcite | Level 5

Originally my data is in DOLLARX format so, for example, I have the number  $1.000.000.000, which is displaying correctly. When I open the exported HTML graph in a computer different from the one I used to generate it, what I see is 1.0e009

Thanks for your time.

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

If the graphs EG is generating look different when they are viewed on different computers, then they are being rendered at the time of viewing ... which probably means you're using device=activex (which is likely, as I think that is the EG default). To guarantee the graphs look the same no matter where they're viewed, I would recommend using a static device for your output, such as device=png, or if you prefer the look of activex graphs then use device=actximg.

I'm not an EG user, so I'm not sure exactly where that setting is on the EG menus. If you have trouble finding it, perhaps post that part of the question in the EG forum.

snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

You can change it by going into Tools -> Options -> Results - Graph, and changing the Graph Format (first drop down).ActiveX EG Example.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation