BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hanyi0221
Fluorite | Level 6

I need to create a plot with MY2R values in the symbol center. But even I used DATALABELPOS=CENTER, all the data labels shift to right and not in the center. Could someone please help me with it? Thanks. 

Here is my code:

PROC SGPLOT DATA = temp1 dattrmap=attrmap noborder;

Scatter Y=NAME X = MY2R/markerAttrs=(COLOR=purple size=6MM symbol=CIRCLEFILLED)  datalabel=MY2R DATALABELATTRS=(size=9pt weight=bold COLOR=White) DATALABELPOS=CENTER transparency=0.1;

XAXIS DISPLAY=(NOTICKS) label=' ' labelattrs=(size=8pt color=Black) values=(60 to 100 by 20) valueattrs=(size=8pt Family=Arial color=black); 

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Make sure you do not have leading blanks in your labels.  Also, you can use a TEXT plot to display labels with the STRIP option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Make sure you do not have leading blanks in your labels.  Also, you can use a TEXT plot to display labels with the STRIP option.

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Following up on @Jay54, these steps illustrate a character variable (centered), a numeric variable (and hence leading blanks) (does not appear centered), and a numeric to character conversion and left justification before plotting (centered).

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
   scatter y=weight x=height / datalabel=name datalabelpos=center;
quit;

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
   scatter y=weight x=height / datalabel=age datalabelpos=center;
quit;

data class;
   set sashelp.class;
   age2 = cats(age);
run;   

proc sgplot data=class;
   scatter y=weight x=height / datalabel=age2 datalabelpos=center;
quit;
hanyi0221
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Warren, this is very helpful and I will save your post as future reference.

hanyi0221
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Sanjay! My labels do have leading blanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation