BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Bill
Quartz | Level 8

The attached code more or less does what I'm looking for except for the fact that I'd like to have both graphs on one page.  Is there a way to put the graphs into a catalog so that I can then replay them with proc greplay?  Or is this done some other way for the GKPI procedure?

Thank you,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Here is the main idea using your code. You can turn it into a macro to make it more compact.

goptions reset=all device=javaimg hsize=4in vsize=0.75in;

ods html;

proc gkpi mode=basic;

hbullet                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

actual=38000  bounds=(0 30000 40000 50000)/ target=40000                                                                                                                                                                

colors=(cx747474 /*cx8C8C8C*/ cxB2B2B2 /*cxD2D2D2*/ cxE6E6E6)                                                                                                                                                           

label='Shipments'

lfont=(f='helvetica' c=black h=20)

afont=(f='helvetica' c=red h=20)

bfont=(f='helvetica' c=blue h=20) name="kpi1";

run;

hbullet

label='Production'

bfont=(f='helvetica' c=blue h=20) name="kpi2";

run;

quit;

ods html close;

ods listing;

goptions reset=all

iback="kpi1.png"

imagestyle=fit

device=sasprtc

nodisplay;

proc gslide name="kpi1";

run; quit;

goptions iback="kpi2.png";

proc gslide name="kpi2";

run; quit;

ods listing close;

goptions reset=all dev=sasprtc display hsize=8in vsize=0.75in;

ods pdf file='test.pdf';

proc greplay igout=work.gseg nofs

tc=sashelp.templt template=h2;    

treplay 1:kpi2 2:kpi2;                                                                                                                                                                                                  

quit;                         

ods pdf close;

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

GKPI output is not written to a catalog. It's better to use ODS DOCUMENT to store GKPI output and PROC DOCUMENT to replay it. Are you familiar with ODS documents?

Bill
Quartz | Level 8

Dan, I have no experience with proc document.  Ultimately I'm looking for "proc greplay" flexibility.  What about this (from SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.4: Reference, Second Edition)?  Except that we only have SAS 9.3 TS1M0

Note: To use output from the GKPI procedure in a dashboard generated with the GREPLAY procedure, you must first create a GRSEG containing the GKPI procedure output. You can use the IBACK=”gkpiImage.png”  option in the GOPTIONS statement with the GSLIDE or GANNO procedures to generate the GRSEG.  But, I've no idea how to do this GKPI either.

Your help is appreciated,

Bill

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

If you have not found a solution to creating a set of bullet KPI's using proc GKIP, here is another way to do them quite easily.  No need for GREPLAY or document.  For the simple case, you can use SGPLOT to create one or more bullet bars by overlaying two hbars with different values and widths.

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2012/02/23/dashboard-graphs-revisited/

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Just add COLUMNS=2 to your ODS PDF statement, and your KPI's will be adjacent. Will this work for you?

Bill
Quartz | Level 8

Dan, thanks again, but how do I do this ...

Note: To use output from the GKPI procedure in a dashboard generated with the GREPLAY procedure, you must first create a GRSEG containing the GKPI procedure output. You can use the IBACK=”gkpiImage.png”  option in the GOPTIONS statement with the GSLIDE or GANNO procedures to generate the GRSEG.

in 9.3?

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Here is the main idea using your code. You can turn it into a macro to make it more compact.

goptions reset=all device=javaimg hsize=4in vsize=0.75in;

ods html;

proc gkpi mode=basic;

hbullet                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

label='Shipments'

bfont=(f='helvetica' c=blue h=20) name="kpi1";

run;

hbullet

label='Production'

bfont=(f='helvetica' c=blue h=20) name="kpi2";

run;

quit;

ods html close;

ods listing;

goptions reset=all

iback="kpi1.png"

imagestyle=fit

device=sasprtc

nodisplay;

proc gslide name="kpi1";

run; quit;

goptions iback="kpi2.png";

proc gslide name="kpi2";

run; quit;

ods listing close;

goptions reset=all dev=sasprtc display hsize=8in vsize=0.75in;

ods pdf file='test.pdf';

proc greplay igout=work.gseg nofs

tc=sashelp.templt template=h2;    

treplay 1:kpi2 2:kpi2;                                                                                                                                                                                                  

quit;                         

ods pdf close;

Bill
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you Dan for the code sample.  With this I can achieve what I need, but I do wonder why GKPI is restricted to the javaimg driver.  Are there any plans to give it more driver options?

Thanks again,

Bill

ballardw
Super User

Does startpage=no on the ODS PDF statement give what you want?

Bill
Quartz | Level 8

It does put both charts on the same page, so it's a possibility for a report.  I'd prefer the flexibility of something akin to proc greplay.  Thanks though!

ballardw
Super User

If you have the capability to turn an HTML file into PDF you might investigate HTMLPANEL tagset. It has some of the features to display the outputs inside specified coordinates on a logical page though I don't think the overlaps possible with Greplay templates are valid.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation