BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Haris
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Here's simple SGPLOT syntax.

proc sgplot data=Class;

scatter x=Height y=Weight / markerattrs=(size=8pt symbol=CircleFilled color=DarkRed);

run;

ODS RTF/SASReport destinations produces this:

RTF.png

ODS PDF/PowerPoint destinations produce something completely different:

PPTX.png

Why are MARKER sizes interpreted differently by SASReport/RTF and PDF/PowerPoint?  Especially strange is the differential behavior of the two MS destinations!

How do I get comparable output in different simultaneous ODS destinations?

Thanks,

Haris

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

If you haven't tried yet, specify the size in IN, MM or CM. I'm not sure that PT gets treated the same.

Also use the same ODS Style. The default for different destinations can change things.

Haris
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks, good suggestions!  Unfortunately, it does not work.  Specifying the size in cm/mm/in makes no difference.  Specifying the same style for different ODS destination changes the appearance but not the marker size.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Markers in PDF and Powerpoint output look the same at SAS 9.4M2.  Markers in RTF and LIsting look the same too, but smaller than first two, but not as much as your examples.  We'll dig further. 

Haris
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Sanjay.  I am running 9.4 TS1M0.  Also may be relevant--I am running the syntax via Enterprise Guide, not SAS directly.  Have not tried in SAS proper.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

A defect has been fixed for this issue in SAS 9.40M3.

Haris
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Good news!  Thanks!

How do I get this?  Is this a hot fix or a whole new release of SAS that would need to upgrade to?  I don't know much about installations and my IT don't know much about SAS either.

Thanks,

Haris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation