BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jackson
Calcite | Level 5

Has anybody run into this issue when trying to access Map Chart within EG?  Tasks > Graph > Map Chart

Note how all of the text shows up as boxes or squares.......very strange.  I've tried exiting EG, restarting my computer and re-opening EG but it does not fix the issue.

untitled.bmp

2 REPLIES 2
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Has this installation worked before, and is just now showing the problem?  Or has it never worked in this install?

I've seen a similar thing happen in DMS SAS, when the SAS session is running on Unix, and displaying on an X-Server on a PC, and the X-server didn't have the fonts that the SAS session needed.  In my case I was using the Hummingbird Exceed X-Server (using fonts being served by a central machine), and I went through the Hummingbird menus and did something about "reload the font server" (if I recall correctly - it was many years ago).

Might depend on whether it's running on Windows and/or Unix, what version of SAS you have, what version of EG you're using, etc.

jackson
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response Robert.

This installation has worked before, and is just now showing the problem.

It's running on Windows XP and Unix.  I'm using EG 4.3 (4.3.0.10196).

I've escalated the issue to SAS technical support, so we'll see what they come up with.  I was just hoping that this had happened to somebody else and was a simple fix.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation