BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Hi all,

This SGPLOT-HBOX graph is almost what I want

LogNormalBoxPlot.PNG
It shows the distribution of a concentration on a log10 scale. Means and far outliers are also determined on a log scale. What I would like is the X axis to show original units instead of log units. I need a solution that will accommodate BY processing with varying ranges on the X axis.

Thanks.

PG

PG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Here is a trick that might work for you:

1. Create a user-defined format that maps the log tick values back to the original values. Create a mapping that will encompass the total range of data across the BY-groups. The INTEGER option that you're using should make that mapping easier to create.

2. Use the TICKVALUEFORMAT option to assign the format to the X-axis.

Hope that helps!

Dan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Can you post the SGPLOT code you're using? What logstyle are you using?

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Here is the code

proc sgplot data=metDet;

by element;

hbox logvaleur / category=grpOrganisme datalabel=site labelfar;

*xaxis type=log logbase=10 label="Teneur (mg/kg)";

xaxis label="Log(Teneur (mg/kg))" integer;

yaxis display=(nolabel);

run;

If I use the commented out XAXIS and valeur instead of logvaleur, the mean and outliers (and whiskers, I think) will be determined on a linear scale, which is not what I want.

PG

Message was edited by: PG Added the change of variable required to go to a linear scale.

PG
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Here is a trick that might work for you:

1. Create a user-defined format that maps the log tick values back to the original values. Create a mapping that will encompass the total range of data across the BY-groups. The INTEGER option that you're using should make that mapping easier to create.

2. Use the TICKVALUEFORMAT option to assign the format to the X-axis.

Hope that helps!

Dan

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

But that's cheating! OK, I'll try it Smiley Happy. Thanks Dan. - PG

PG
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

It worked nicely in most cases.  It wouldn't look good for cases where the X range is too short.

LogNormalBoxPlot2.PNG

Thanks again!

PG

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation