BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Adie_efc
Calcite | Level 5

as is traditional in a KM plot (step plot) the symbol for a censored value is a ¦ (vertical line). every example Ive seen in GTL uses a symbol of plus as there doesnt seem to be an appropriate symbol and unlike old versions I cant use a capital i. My example below uses a + too and it doesnt look quite right.

stepplot x=_x y=_surv / group=signvar lineattrs=(pattern=solid) name='s';

scatterplot x=_x y=_cens / markerattrs=(symbol=plus) GROUP=signvar  ;

SGRender12.png

6 REPLIES 6
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

You have two option.  With SAS 9.4M1, you can use any character from a font as a symbol using the SYMBOLCHAR statement.  With Unicode fonts, your choices are huge.  Pre SAS 9.4M1, you can use the SCATTERPLOT with MARKERCHARACTER option to draw the vertical bar "|" at each location.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Sanjay,

Thank you for coming and the autograph. Great talk in BUG. Hope you had a pleasant trip!

Haikuo

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

It was my pleasure meeting all the BUGS attendees. 

Adie_efc
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sanjay

Im using 9.3 and using the scatterplot/markerchar. however it doesnt give me the option to use a vertical bar "|", only the ones in the standard ones.

unless Im doing something wrong with my scatter?

scatterplot x=_x y=_cens / markerattrs=(symbol=plus) GROUP=signvar  ;

Thanks

Adie

Adie_efc
Calcite | Level 5

after all this...my boss has changed his mind and the "plus" is now acceptable!

Thanks anyway!

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

OK.  But if you still need to do something similar later, here is what you do.  First, add a new column (censor) to your data and populate it with the character(s) you want to display in the graph.. In this case, put a "|" where ever you want the display the censor observation.  Then use the scatterplot with same X and Y variables and the option markercharacter=censor.  Keep the length of this variable (or format) as small as possible to avoid any leading blanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation