BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ckx
Quartz | Level 8 ckx
Quartz | Level 8

I've noticed that the letters in ODS Graphics output I've created have jagged outlines and the letter spacing is sometimes wrong, with letters placed to close together. I know how to deal with this in SAS/Graph but I can't seem to fix it in ODS Graphics (PROC SGPANEL to be specific). I've tried specifying a custom template where I've replaced the font by "Arial", as well as registeringTrueType fonts using PROC FONTREG. This had no impact. Any suggestions? I'm using SAS 9.4M4 with Enterprise Guide 7.1. SAS itself is on a server so I just ran PROC FONTREG in the program, the effect won't be permanent since I don't have admin rights.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

The EMF format does not do a good job with fonts.  For RTF, this is the default, and is actually the EMF Plus format, needed to support some features.  We have a problem report for this and hope to address this.  In the meantime, I suggest you can use OUTPUTFMT=PNG to get a higher quality graph output.  It will not be "scalable graphics" but you can set a higher dpi (300) to get good results.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

The EMF format does not do a good job with fonts.  For RTF, this is the default, and is actually the EMF Plus format, needed to support some features.  We have a problem report for this and hope to address this.  In the meantime, I suggest you can use OUTPUTFMT=PNG to get a higher quality graph output.  It will not be "scalable graphics" but you can set a higher dpi (300) to get good results.

ckx
Quartz | Level 8 ckx
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the information Sanjay. Too bad EMF doesn't work as intended, I like the option of being able to enlarge/shrink my charts and still retain the highest quality. I'll switch to PNG, that will certainly be good enough

bobkohn
Calcite | Level 5

I am having a similar problem, but only since we upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4.  The fonts in the EMF graphic files I created last year -- and every year for over ten years -- looked fine, but this year with 64-bit SAS 9.4 they look pixelated.  Is there a fix for this yet?

Thanks for your help ...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation