BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
to_the_point
Calcite | Level 5

I'm recently discovered ODS graphics designer and am enjoying modifying the code to deliver custom charts, however, I'm trying to work out whether I can rotate the text displayed when using the barlabel=true statement?  I've successfully tried to use the size command through the barlabelattrs but the text is still overlapping and wondered whether it was possible or if anyone had an alternative?

1 REPLY 1
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

I don't see an easy way.  I suggest using a horizontal bar chart.  Works great for long axis tick values and bar labels.,  If you must have a VBAR,for a one of a kind graph with SAS 9.3, you could take the GTL code (from View->code) , and add DRAWTEXT statements.  Or convert o an SGPLOT VBAR (very simple code), and add SGANNO for the bar labels.

Not as easy as Designer, but...FYI, rotated bar labels are coiming with SAS 9.4..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation