BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jteres
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all-

I have a custom panel graph that I'm running in SAS 9.3 (code below)

proc template;

define statgraph AnnotatedPanel ;

dynamic   __BYLINE__

_IndVar

_DepVar

_GroupVar

_TitleText

_RowVar

_ColVar

_RowLabel

_ColLabel

_cellN

_cellGPct

_cellLPct ;

begingraph ;

EntryTitle _TitleText ;

EntryTitle __BYLINE__ / textattrs = (size = GraphLabelText:fontsize) ;

layout datalattice  rowvar    = _RowVar

columnvar = _ColVar /  

Rows                = 6

Columns             = 5

HeaderLabelDisplay  = namevalue

Inset               = (_cellN _cellGPct _cellLPct)

InsetOpts           = (  autoalign       = (TopLeft BottomRight)

border          = false

opaque          = false

textattrs       = (size = 8pt))   

ColumnAxisOpts      = (  label           = _ColLabel

linearopts      = ( viewmin = 0))

RowAxisOpts         = (  label           = _RowLabel

griddisplay     = on

display         = (label ticks tickvalues)) ;

layout prototype / wallcolor = lightgrey ;

SeriesPlot     X = _IndVar

Y = _DepVar    /    group     = _GroupVar lineattrs = (color = red) datatransparency = 0.6 ;

endLayout ;

endlayout ;

endgraph ;

end ;

run ;

The INSET allows me to include the N represented in each panel, as well as the percent that that represents of the overall total sample.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is specify the WALLCOLOR of each panel to correspond to the relative sample volume. For example, maybe panels will less than 1% are white, and between 1 and 5% they're light gray, and 5-10% are medium gray, and over 10% are dark gray. Basically, I want the panels to represent a macro heat map under the series plots.

Is this even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

While this is not supported directly, the layering architecture allows you some creative work arounds.  The simple way is to just color the scatter markers themselves by a gradient using obs count with Markercolorgradient.

GradientPanelScatter.png

To get a ramp color background, you can add a bubble plot behind the scatters.

GradientPanelBubble.png

You can also use the RangeAttrMap to control the ramp color.

In bubbleplot case, the data has only one (x,y) point per cell, so only one bubble is plotted.  Since bubble is very large ( to cover the region), you have to set the axis offsets back to a smaller value.

In both cases, the height of ramp legend is not ideal.  I'll see what we can do about that.

Sample code with made up values for obs count is attached.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Found a way.  Add padding to bottom of the legend.  PAD=(Bottom=58px) does the trick.

GradientPanelBubble.png

jteres
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Sanjay! This worked great. It took some doing for sure, but I finally got it.

I would add, you really can't stress the importance of the offset specifications enough. Without that, the graph didn't work at all!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation