BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lfang
Fluorite | Level 6

I am working on some html graphics outputs, the simple program I copy from SAS is like that:

proc sort data= sashelp.prdsale out=prdsummary;

by year quarter;

run;

goptions reset=all device=javameta

ftext="Trebuchet" htext=1.5 hby=2;

ods listing close;

ods html;

proc gchart data=prdsummary;

by year quarter;

hbar country / sumvar=actual subgroup=product sum;

run;

quit;

ods html close;

I wa able to get the output, a htm file.  But when I clicked on that htm file and tried to open it in my IE, the error message show up:

"Sorry, your browser does not support the applet tag. cannot be displayed. Sorry, there was a problem with the Graph control or plug-in in your browser. cannot be displayed."

What's the reason for this error?  What should I do with my IE?

Many Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

Have you tried a different browser?

lfang
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome.  They are all the same.

Reeza
Super User
Why are you using device=javameta? Nothing in your code shows a need for it. Can you reset all your goptions and try some different options for device.
lfang
Fluorite | Level 6

This is just an example.  Actually in my own program, JAVAMETA is for the interactive features in my html output, for example, I want to use tips, and can enlarge the graph, etc.  My program worked very well under SAS 9.3 and IE 8.  Currently I have SAS 9.4 and Windows 10, and the progam is not working.  I am not sure what's the issue.

Reeza
Super User

Can you post a sample of the output? My guess is a Windows10 issue with security. 

lfang
Fluorite | Level 6

My output is quite simple:  I have a .txt which is output from SAS by using JAVAMETA.  and then a html file like this:

<html>
<head>
<title>********</title>
</head>
<body>
<applet code="com.sas.graphics.applets.metaview.MetaViewApplet.class"
     archive="file:///C:/Program Files/SASHome/SASGraphJavaApplets/9.4/sas.graph.metaviewapplet.jar"
       width="1200"
      height="600"
       align="TOP">
<param name="BackgroundColor" value="#EEEEEE">
<param name="ZoomControlEnabled" value="false">
<param name="SlideShowControlEnabled" value="false">
<param name="Metacodes" value="j001-001.txt">
<param name="MetacodesLabel" value="001-001">
</applet>
</body>
</html>

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Viewing SAS device=javameta output can be problematic. You have to point the codebase just right in a location everyone can get to, and everyone's browser has to have the correct version of java, etc, etc. Therefore I would recommend not using it.

If you just need a graph, I would suggest using device=png. If you need a graph with html hover-text/drilldown/etc, but need it to be in a single file (such that it is easy to move around, or email, etc) I would suggest using the new "ods html5" with bitmap_mode='inline'. Here are a couple of blogs I wrote with example code:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2013/11/06/sas-9-4-has-a-new-way-to-send-interactive-graphs...

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2014/01/22/easy-new-way-to-send-drilldown-graphs-in-an-emai...

lfang
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you RobertAllison_SAS and Reeza!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation