BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
asmits
Calcite | Level 5
Hi all,

I am trying to format some of my axis values in bold, can I use some inline formatting in the variable so that it appears bold on the axis?

thanks,
Alain
4 REPLIES 4
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
Which proc are you using?
And by "axis values", do you mean the axis label text, or the individual values in the tickmarks?

If you're using the traditional SAS/Graph procs (such as 'gplot'), you can change the font settings in the axis label as follows...

axis1 label=(font="arial" 'normal text ' font="arial/bold"
'bold text ' font="arial" 'plain again');

proc gplot data=sashelp.class;
plot height*weight / haxis=axis1;
run; Message was edited by: Robert Allison @ SAS
asmits
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Robert,

I am working in ODS graphics not SAS/graph using GTL. I want to have selected tick values in bold, so I may need to adapt the values in the data set to do some inline formatting but I don't see how to change the formatting.

Thanks,
Alain
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
Ahh, ok! Well, if you don't find a way to do it in ODS Graphics, here's how to do it with the traditional SAS/Graph procs. The following example shows how to make the 3rd and 5th tickmark text (t=3 and t=5) bold ...

axis1 value=(t=3 font="arial/bold" t=5 font="arial/bold");

proc gplot data=sashelp.class;
plot height*weight / haxis=axis1;
run;
asmits
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Robert,

We are really venturing into 9.2 ODS graphics as our new platform for graphics generation and we would like to be able to do all of our graphs in it. If you want I could send you an example of what I want to do.

thanks again,
Alain

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation