BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rof
Fluorite | Level 6 rof
Fluorite | Level 6

dear I need to interpret my result  in sas9.4 like circos 

i need sas statement code to do it in sas to visualisation  like figure at this linkhttp://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/tableviewer/archive/

Any help....

thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

I have used SGPLOT to create the graph shown here.  It does take a bit of data step coding, but can be done.

This shows some made up data for players from one country playing in another.  This is based on a similar Circos plot during the 2014 World Cup.

All arcs start and end in the middle of the segment.  This conveys the information, but spreading the start and end points could be done too.  Width of link represents the number of players.  

If this is what you want, I can share this code.

Circle_Links_To.png

Circle_Links.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You will find many examples with code of graphs here:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/

As for this circos, never heard of it, it just looks like colourful pictures to me.  You could maybe emulate it with pie charts, turning off the axis etc.  Have a go and come back with any questions.

ballardw
Super User

See if you have the SAS Network Visualization Workshop installed. It may be part of SAS Graph.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

I have used SGPLOT to create the graph shown here.  It does take a bit of data step coding, but can be done.

This shows some made up data for players from one country playing in another.  This is based on a similar Circos plot during the 2014 World Cup.

All arcs start and end in the middle of the segment.  This conveys the information, but spreading the start and end points could be done too.  Width of link represents the number of players.  

If this is what you want, I can share this code.

Circle_Links_To.png

Circle_Links.png

rof
Fluorite | Level 6 rof
Fluorite | Level 6

dear 

cjinsf
Obsidian | Level 7

I've been looking for something like this!

Would you mind sharing the code?

Thank you!

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Sorry for my slow response.  I am out of the country to PhUSE conference.  I will post the code when I get back as it may need some tweaking.   Note:  The code uses SAS 9.4M3, and we have to compute the circular layout ourselves, and we use SGPLOT mainly as a drawing tool.  One could also use Annotate, but I prefer to stay clear of that unless absolutely necessary.

rof
Fluorite | Level 6 rof
Fluorite | Level 6
did you receive an code ?

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
cjinsf
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation