BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Quentin
Super User

Is there a way I can show the current value of all ODS graphics options?

So say I have in my code:

ods graphics/ reset=all
              border=off
;

Is there a way I could find out what the options were before that point, and what they have been reset to?

Same as I could use %sysfunc(getoption()) to get the value of a system option or a dictionary table of options.

There is dictionary.options and dictionary.goptions but no dictionary.odsgoptions... ?

Thanks,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User

Gotta love when Googling turns up your own unanswered question from several years back...

The good news is that 9.4M3 added a /SHOW options to the ODS graphics statement.  Unfortunately this does not actually show all the current ODS options.  If you have not set an option, it only shows "those options for which currently ODS knows the default values" (whatever that means, I guess it's because some default options are dependent on output destination or other things?).

For example:

25         ods graphics/ reset=all;
27         ods graphics/show ;

ODS Graphics Settings
---------------------
Output format:                  STATIC
By line:                        NOBYLINE
Antialias:                      ON
Maximum Loess observations:     5000
Maximum stack depth:            1024
Stack depth:                    0
29         ods graphics / border=on ;
31         ods graphics/show ;

ODS Graphics Settings
---------------------
Output format:                  STATIC
By line:                        NOBYLINE
Antialias:                      ON
Border:                         ON
Maximum Loess observations:     5000
Maximum stack depth:            1024
Stack depth:                    0

Would be nice to be able to see all options, but this is helpful.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
gabonzo
Quartz | Level 8

It would be even better if this information could be available in a macro, but I guess it's not SAS if it's not hard to do it 😛

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation