BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All,

I am using PROC GCHART and want to ganerate the graph in date Vs time , i googled it but i did nt get any solution , please suggest if any ideas.

can we give it in Axis statement  as below.

AXIS1 Order=(mm:ss to mm:ss)

Please find the attachment and suggest on this.

Thanks,

Vish

graph.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

if you look here SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.3: Reference, Third Edition

You will find the answer

value-list

For date and time values, value-list                                  can have the following forms:                              
  • SAS-valuei <...”SAS-valuei>”                                         
  • SAS-valuei TO                                             “SAS-valuei <BY interval>                                                                                      

SAS-valuei
is any SAS date, time,                                       or datetime value described for the SAS functions INTCK and INTNX.                                       Enclose the value in quotation marks and specify                                       one of the following for i:                                   
D
date
T
time
DT
datetime

interval
is one of the valid                                       arguments for the INTCK or INTNX functions.  These are the default                                       intervals:                                     
DAY
default interval for                                             date                                         
SECOND
default interval for                                             time                                         
DTSECOND
default interval for                                             datetime                                         

These value lists use                                 SAS date and time values:   

order=("25MAY11"d "04JUL11"d "07SEP11"d) order=("01JUL10"d to "01AUG10"d) order=("01JUL11"d to "01JAN11"d by week) order=("9:25"t to "11:25"t by minute) order=("04JUN11:12:00:00"dt to "10JUN11:12:00:00"dt by dtday)
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

You mention that you're wanting to use Gchart (for bar charts, I assume?)

One important thing to know is that you'll probably want to use the 'discrete' option, so that each of the date (or time) values in your data becomes a discrete bar in your bar chart ... otherwise Gchart will probably treat them as numeric (which is what they are) and group & split them into a histogram.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation