label=("Study:")

cborder=black

/*shape=symbol(20,1.5)*/

/*shape=symbol(20,.000001)*/

position=(top center outside)

down=1 shape=line(15)

value=("3001" "3002" "3003" "3004" "3005");

I get the following WARNING in my log:

"WARNING: Because SHAPE=LINE(n) was specified, some of the shapes in the legend might be blank."

This is more than curious to me as the SAS help file states (bold italics are mine):

SHAPE=BAR(width<units>,height<units>) <units> | LINE(length) <units> | SYMBOL(width<units>,height<units>) <units> 

LINE(length) <units>

is used with the GPLOT and GCONTOUR procedures. Each legend value is a line of the length that you specify. Plotting symbols are omitted           from the legend values. By default, length is 5 and units are CELLS. You can specify units for length.

So, since the expected, default behavior is for the plotting symbols/shapes to be omitted -- there is no "might" about it, my symbols are blank and I am quite happy about that -- why am I receiving this warning? At my company we try to remove all Warnings and Errors (as well as certain Notes) from our logs as a matter of routine. Does anyone know what is going on here and how I may be able to remove this Warning?

Thank you,

Quinn

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation