BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Traditional graphics driver TIFFP300 seems made for that purpose. How do I tell ODS to use it? Or is there another way to get ODS to create a 300 dpi compressed TIFF image?

I'm using SAS 9.4 TS Level 1M1 on Windows 7

PG
4 REPLIES 4
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Use LISTING destination with option IMAGE_DPI=300.

Then, on ODS GRAPHICS statement, use option OUTPUTFMT=TIF.

Since you mention compression, I checked the file size.  

The TIF file size written by SAS seems large (2.7MB) compared to PNG (110KB).  

If I load it into Photoshop and save it with LZW compression, it is smaller (212KB).

I will check on this issue.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Thanks Sanjay, that's what I had tried. I am getting an uncompressed (i.e. very large) TIFF file with a stated resolution of 100 dpi. The total number of pixels do reflect however the requested size and resolution. For example, if I request width = 5in and an image_dpi = 300, I do get an image with 1500 pixels across. What is missing is dpi=300 in the picture properties and compression. 

For now, I could manage to set the proper dpi and save with LZW compression using Irfanview.

PG
JakobSAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there

Any news on how to compress tiff images? I understand that ods printer compresses automatically using packbits, this would be a great feature in ods listing. I'm sitting here with 160mb graphs at 1200dpi.

Regards

Jakob

Kabuto
Obsidian | Level 7

I do not think SAS can immediately compress TIFF images. I used an online service for free, and I am very satisfied. Here is the link:

https://www.ps2pdf.com/compress-tiff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation