BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasuser3
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

In SAS 9.4, I can use sgplot to generate either stack or cluster bar chart using vbar and groupdisplay=stack (or cluster).
But I have total 4 variables to display in the chart: region, year, grade, and enrollment. I would like to draw 4 'stack and cluster bars' for 4 values of "Region" in the same chart.  Each stack should consist of 3 grades and there will be 2 bars for 2 values of "Year" in one cluster.  Thus, there should be 4 such clusters for 4 regions.
 So,  is it possible to genarate a stack and cluster bar chart together using sgplot?

Thnak you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Scroll down to the 3rd or later example in the article, using the SGPANEL procedure.

Also note, since the date of this article, the AXISTABLE statements havebeen introduced, which is a better way to add table of statistics to a graph.  There are many examples of this in the blog.  Search for "Axis Table".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sasuser3
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for a quick reply.  But that example gives only a stack bar chart, not a stack and cluster bar chart.  I would like to have at least 2 such stack bars (in a cluster) for each x-category.  Fo example, if you have that type of data for another year then we would like to show such stack bars for 2 years for each product in the same chart. How to do it?

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Scroll down to the 3rd or later example in the article, using the SGPANEL procedure.

Also note, since the date of this article, the AXISTABLE statements havebeen introduced, which is a better way to add table of statistics to a graph.  There are many examples of this in the blog.  Search for "Axis Table".

sasuser3
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much.  I can do that way by removing the gaps between the bars of the products for each year.  So they will look more like clustrered for each year.  Thanks.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Sure.  Set BarWidth=1.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation