BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Allaluiah
Quartz | Level 8

I have attached input dataset sample that has values for the bar chart and I have also attached the wanted barchart sample.

In the bar chart , I need find out from 2007 to 2010, how many times(frequency) GY1, GY2 and GY3 are ranked in each year (shown as numbers under bars on the graph attached). And within each year’s bars I’d also like to know what the proportions are respectively that GY1, GY2 and GY3 are ranked as 1st, 2nd and 3rd (shown as percentages within each bars).

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Please consider adding data and image directly to your post. Not everyone can download attachments. 

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

Not exactly the graph your are looking for, but it is a start, and it has all the information you are looking for. I have used Proc SGPANEL instead of Proc GCHART.

data have;  
  infile cards dlm=",";
  input
    Year
    Ranking
    Group_Y_Name $ 
    cnt_gy_name
  ;
  cards;
2007,1,GY1,2
2007,2,GY1,1
2007,1,GY2,2
2007,2,GY2,2
2007,1,GY3,1
2007,2,GY3,1
2007,3,GY3,1
2008,1,GY1,1
2008,2,GY1,1
2008,3,GY1,1
2008,1,GY2,1
2008,2,GY2,2
2008,1,GY3,1
2008,3,GY3,1
2009,2,GY1,3
2009,3,GY1,1
2009,1,GY2,4
2009,1,GY3,1
2009,2,GY3,1
2009,3,GY3,1
2010,1,GY1,2
2010,2,GY1,2
2010,1,GY2,4
2010,2,GY2,1
2010,1,GY3,1
2010,2,GY3,3
;

proc sgpanel data=have pctlevel=group;
  styleattrs
    datacolors=(cxfddcbb cxaddfe6 cxf5f8c9)
    datacontrastcolors=(cxfddcbb cxaddfe6 cxf5f8c9)
  ;
  panelby Group_Y_Name / 
    layout=columnlattice 
    colheaderpos=bottom
    novarname
    noborder

;
  vbar year / 
    response=cnt_gy_name
    group=Ranking stat=percent
    seglabel seglabelformat=percent9.
  ;
  colaxistable  cnt_gy_name;

keylegend / noborder  TITLE=" ";
run;

Bruno

Allaluiah
Quartz | Level 8

@BrunoMueller Very nice Sir, Thank you so much. That pretty much did it for me. It seems like you have loads of experience in SAS. How did you manage to read, understand and remember all these options. Is there a method or technique to learn SAS more effectively? I would welcome your suggestions plz

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Allaluiah

If you are new to SAS, it is worthwhile to attend a SAS Training course, to get all the fundamental concepts right. This makes reading the code examples you will find everywhere a lot easier.

For all things related to ODS Graphics I suggest you follow the blog http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/ by @Jay54 it has lots and lots of great examples and tips and tricks on how to best use ODS Graphics.

For SAS/GRAPH read the blogs entries from  @GraphGuy  http://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/author/robertallison/ one can only wonder what is possible.

The thing is, one has to remember. But since there is always a story around it, this makes it a lot easier, at least for me.

Bruno

rakul
Fluorite | Level 6
@BrunoMueller - Many Thanks for this!
Also could you please tell us how can we achieve the same output using Proc GCHART?
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

See a gchart solution in rakul's thread. Are you two working together, or just happen to be wanting the same graph? 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Graphics-Programming/Need-to-change-labels-in-proc-gchart-vbar/td-p/6...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation