BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

hi All,

this is my first question to you and hope to be clear to help you in answer...

so .. my problem is to break the bigger histogram  to allow the other two (very little) to be shown better ...

i try to break it but unfortunately it remain the bigger!

in attachment you 'll find

1) data in input

2) graph before and after

i hope in your help to solve this topic

thank's in advance

Kregards

Pio

5 REPLIES 5
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

You can try breaking the y-axis.  Use the RANGES option in the y-axis statement to provide the range of data you want to keep.  If you are using SGPLOT procedure, then use something like:  

yaxis ranges=(0-250000 1000000-1400000);

It is easier to help if you provide your code with some sample data.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Try changing your y-axis to a logarithmic scale TYPE=log LOGBASE=10, and adding something like BASELINE=1000 to your VBAR statement.

PG
yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi PG,

what you suggest it's really whort for non stack graph as mine,because BASELINE is unsupported as VBAR statement in case of "STACK". Howevew i'll use it changing my graph.

Thank's a lot

Pio

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

A stacked VBAR with a Log scale might not be a good idea anyway. A broken axis doesn't look much better either. It is not clear what message you are trying to convey with your graph.

PG
ballardw
Super User

Another option might be to use SGPANEL with your group variable a PanelBy variable and allow the rowaxis to vary between rows (values of group variable). Of course some care should be make so readers are aware that the different bits of the graph have different scales ...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation