BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lefty
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I am using proc template in SAS 9.4 to create a bar chart with a line overlaid. The graph has percentages on the left y-axis and I would like to write the n’s (the variable COUNT, from which the percentages are derived) near the bars of the graph.

My data look like this:

Better_or_Not

COUNT

Percent_Xray

Month

RDQ

And here is the code I used:

proc template;
define statgraph dashboard.trend;

begingraph/attrpriority=none datacolors=(bib bioy) datacontrastcolors=(bib bioy) datalinepatterns=(1 9);

entrytitle 'Figure 2A. Percent with X-Ray Stratified by Improvement Status'; 

layout overlay /cycleattrs=true 

yaxisopts=(griddisplay=on label='Percent With X-Ray' linearopts=(viewmin=0))

y2axisopts=(label='Average RDQ'  labelfitpolicy=split linearopts=(viewmin=0 viewmax=24))

xaxisopts =(label='Interview' labelposition=right display=(ticks tickvalues line)discreteopts=(TICKTYPE=INBETWEEN))

x2axisopts=(display=none);

barchart x=Month y=percent_Xray/group=BETTER_OR_NOT groupdisplay=cluster name='bar1' xaxis=x PRIMARY=TRUE yaxis=y;

seriesplot x=Month y=RDQ/ group=BETTER_OR_NOT display=(markers) MARKERATTRS=(symbol=circlefilled) yaxis=y2 name='line'  ;

innermargin/align=bottom ;

axistable x=Month value=Count/classdisplay=cluster
class=BETTER_OR_NOT Title='# with X-Ray:' titleATTRS=(size=12)
titlehalign=auto display=(values) colorgroup=BETTER_OR_NOT
valueattrs=(size=12) showmissing=false ;
 endinnermargin;

discretelegend 'bar1'   /title='% With X-Ray' location=outside valign=bottom halign=center;
discretelegend  'line'  /title=’Trajectory' location=outside valign=top halign=center;

endlayout;
	 entrytitle "With RDQ Over Time" ;
  endgraph;
  end;
run;

proc sgrender data=xrayfreqsandmeans template=dashboard.trend ;
 format Month Monthf.;
 format BETTER_OR_NOT BETTER_OR_NOTf.;
 run;

And here is the graph that results.

Example graph for SAS forum.docx.png

It’s very close to what I want, but does anyone know if there’s a way to move the numbers below the bars (166, 85, 28, 7, etc) up so they are directly under the bars? Or at least move the axis table title (“# with X-Ray) down so it lines up with those numbers? Thanks so much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I see. YOu got that behavior because the axis table is in the inner margin. But, there is still a way 🙂

Use the DRAWTEXT statement:

drawtext "# with X-RAY" / drawspace=wallpercent anchor=bottomleft x=0 y=0;

You can tweak the X and Y values slightly to get it just where you want it. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Use LABEL instead of TITLE on the AXISTABLE, and the label should line up with your values.

Lefty
Obsidian | Level 7

I think using "Label="string" doesn't work because I need to have a class statement. When I tried it just now, I lost the "# with X-Ray" altogether. Thanks for the idea though!

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Ah, that's right. Well, another alternative would be to turn off the AXISTABLE title and use an ENTRY statement to position the title at the bottom-left of the LAYOUT OVERLAY (halign=left valign=bottom), Give that a try, and see if that works for you.

Lefty
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Dan! It's so close but still not quite. I tried using Entryfootnote too but that just put the text all the way on the bottom left even below the legend. I used this code, right after my barchart statement but before my innermargin code:

entry halign=left  "# with X-Ray"/valign=bottom ;

!Example graph for SAS forum entry.png

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I see. YOu got that behavior because the axis table is in the inner margin. But, there is still a way 🙂

Use the DRAWTEXT statement:

drawtext "# with X-RAY" / drawspace=wallpercent anchor=bottomleft x=0 y=0;

You can tweak the X and Y values slightly to get it just where you want it. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Lefty
Obsidian | Level 7

Success!! I so appreciate it, thank you! I wound up with x=8 and y=-1 to get the text where it is in this graph. Thank you again!

graph success!.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation