BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DaveSCT
Calcite | Level 5

I am producing a bar chart using SAS/Graph, and the chart is clickable which drills down to a detailed tabular report. When I click to drill down, I get the tabular report but it comes up on a separate Internet Explorer tab instead of on the same tab where the bar chart was. I need to figure out what option or whatever i've set that causes the report to appear in a separate tab and change it so that the report just appears in the same tab where the bar chart was.

That way navigation is the normal "backward" and "forward" with the "arrow" buttons in Internet Explorer (instead of forcing the user to go hunting around in their IE tabs).  BTW, when I turn off tabbing (IE 8), I get a new IE session popping up with the tabular report in it.

I'm sure that I'm missing something obvious, because I've done this kind of thing before, but I am not finding the issue by poring through my code.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
art297
Opal | Level 21

You didn't mention which mode you were using but, hopefully, the following is what you are looking for:

By default with HTML mode, a new browser window is opened and the URL is loaded in the new window. To control whether the URL is loaded into the current window or into a new window, use the DRILLTARGET parameter, which accepts a string argument that specifies the standard HTML targets ("_blank", "_self", "_parent", "_top" and any valid named target).

The more complete explanation can be found at: http://support.sas.com/rnd/datavisualization/webgraphs/v8v81Usage/javaapplets.htm#HTML%20drill-downs

DaveSCT
Calcite | Level 5

Yep, that did it.  Beautiful !  Thanks mucho !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation