BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
llbohman
Calcite | Level 5

I have plots I created in SGPLOT to show the use of three product forms over time.  There is a plot for each panelist and all of the products used show up as a rectangle.  There are three product types - sometimes they overlap and there can be many uses.  The data are formatted such that each row is a product used and each subject can have any number of uses (usually < 20). 

datascreenshot.png

I used SGPLOT highlow to basically draw a series of rectangles for each product used and the type of product on the y-axis but the code is no longer working and I am unsure what changed.  The data is the same as before but now I only see a single line at the end of the plot rather than rectangles.  What would cause that?

proc sgplot data=use noautolegend nocycleattrs;
  highlow y=form low=on high=off / 
				group=abs2				type=bar 
          		barwidth=0.8 
				lineattrs=(color=black pattern=1)
				name='Form'
				x2axis;

*--Assign dummy plot to create independent X2 axis--*;
  scatter x=day_int y=form /  markerattrs=(size=0);

regimen plot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Hard to tell without seeing your current graph and your data. But looking at your code, nothing guarantees that your X1 and X2 axes will line up properly. It would be a lot safer to convert your on and off dates into days since beginning and drop the dummy plot.

PG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

I am not sure I am understanding what you mean by " I only see a single line at the end of the plot rather than rectangles".

I don't see anything that jumps out as "being a single line". The only thing I see are black lines that look a lot like they would come from almost overlapping areas.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Hard to tell without seeing your current graph and your data. But looking at your code, nothing guarantees that your X1 and X2 axes will line up properly. It would be a lot safer to convert your on and off dates into days since beginning and drop the dummy plot.

PG
llbohman
Calcite | Level 5

This worked - I created a lag variable for the day interval variable and used those in the highlow.  Thank you!

llbohman
Calcite | Level 5

Apologies - I only included what the plot used to look like.  It now looks like this:

badplot.png

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, hard to understand what you really want in this. Seem like a Gantt chart to me. Hard to see what has gone wrong withut the data in a better form. Maby a vector plot can work better.

llbohman
Calcite | Level 5

I tried a GANTT plot but it puts each product use on its own line vs showing all the uses of a form in a row (like in the first picture).  I wasn't able to figure out what to change to make GANTT work.  Thank you for the suggestion.

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

There is a keep at same line example. It is a long time since I used that but there is a good example for a salesman visiting several cities.

This is an example using two gant viewers in VA. The top one has over lapping dates as you had some challenges with using high-low. If you have VA available that might be the best solution, because of mouse over etc. The gantt procedure is a bit quarrelsome to get nics.

va_gant.PNG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation