I need x to = 1 - 178 (observations). So far my commands are:

/* transform consumption and income variables into logs*/

data session3.combinedfiles;
set session3.combinedfiles;

y=log(PCECC96);
x1=log(DPIC96);
x2=log(MPRIME);
run;

/* multiple regression model: suppose Y now depends on x1 and x2: Y = beta0+ beta1 x1 + beta2 x2 + error*/

proc reg data=session3.combinedfiles;
model y = x1 x2;
output out=session3.est_data1 residual=e predicted=y_hat lcl=lower95 ucl=upper95;
run;
quit;

As you can see I don't have a column called X which simply equals id. Thank you for the help.

q1.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This doesn't look like a Graph question. Perhaps you would get more responses if you posted this in one of the other forums, such as the SAS Statistical Procedures forum, under Analytics.

cynthia
Mahiya17
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. I posted it there.

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I'm not sure about the statistical proc, but if you just want to add an 'x' variable to your dataset, that contains the observation id, maybe something like this will work ...

data session3.combinedfiles;
set session3.combinedfiles;

x=_n_;

y=log(PCECC96);
x1=log(DPIC96);
x2=log(MPRIME);
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation