BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eshupp
Obsidian | Level 7

I am producing a stacked VBAR with SGPLOT (replicating a GCHART) with 24 hours of 5 minute interval data on zOS SAS 9.4 TS1M4.  I only want to display hourly values on the XAXIS (ie: 1, 2, 3,...23) but SGPLOT wants to display a value for each 5 minute time value.  Based on other answers I tried createing a tick format with VALUE entries for each hourly time value ('01:00:00't ... '23:00:00't) translating to a value and OTHER='' and then using the VALUESFORMAT= option on the XAXIS statement but that did not work and the chart displayed unreadable values for each bar.

my code:

proc sgplot data=vmlpar;
by sysid;
vbar time / response=lnxbusy fill group=vmduser grouporder=ascending stat=sum;
xaxis label='Time of Day' valueattrs=(blue) valuesformat=tick.;

vbar chart.gif
4 REPLIES 4
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I'm not sure - can you enter a format statment in the sqgplot  - like 

format time time2. ;

If not, create a new variable to be used on VBAR statement:

hour = hour(time);

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Since you are using SAS 9.4m3 or greater, try adding TYPE=TIME to your XAXIS statement and see if you get what you want. You can also control the intervals displayed by using the INTERVAL option on the XAXIS statement.

Hope this helps!

Dan

eshupp
Obsidian | Level 7
TYPE=TIME in addition to INTERVAL=MINUTE along with the TICKVALUEFORMAT=myformat. resolved my display issue. Thanks to all for the input.
ballardw
Super User

did you try  the INTERVAL=HOUR option on your XAXIS statement?

You may also need to use TICKVALUEFORMAT=time2.

This does assume that that your variable time is a SAS time value.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation