BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

When using the vref = 0.0 and lvref = 2 options in SAS 9.4, the line type does not change. Is there another option I need to use. I tried several lvref values - same result - only a solid line.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

As I said, you can't use the LVREF= option with ODS graphics.

However, you can create this box plot is PROC SGPLOT. The REFLINE statement give you complete control over line patterns, colors, and thickness

proc sgplot data=sashelp.cars;
 vbox mpg_city / category=origin;
 refline 20 / lineattrs=(pattern=dot);
run;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Are you talking about PROC BOXPLOT? Please post the code that you are using.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Also, are you trying to use traditional graphics or ODS statistical graphics? The LVREF= option is not valid for ODS graphics.  If you want traditional graphics, put

ods graphics off;

prior to the call to PROC BOXPLOT.

Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

ODS Graphics - cannot use non-ods for my outputs

proc boxplot data = xxx;
 plot aval*group1/vaxis= -0.6 to 1.0 by 0.2  boxstyle=schematic odstitle = none vref = 0 lvref = 3 ;
 label group1="Dataset";
 label aval="PARAMX, Mean ±1 SD"

run;

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

As I said, you can't use the LVREF= option with ODS graphics.

However, you can create this box plot is PROC SGPLOT. The REFLINE statement give you complete control over line patterns, colors, and thickness

proc sgplot data=sashelp.cars;
 vbox mpg_city / category=origin;
 refline 20 / lineattrs=(pattern=dot);
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation