BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi,

I'm trying to produce a graphic from PROC LOGISTIC suitable for use in PowerPoint, that will eventually become a large poster. I can make a file suitable for a Word document, but when enlarged is looks very "fuzzy". I've tried increasing the DPI but then get warning messages about exceeding memory.

Here is part of the code:

ods graphics on / imagefmt = png width=1280px height=960px scale noborder;
ods listing image_dpi=300 style=journal;
proc logistic data=sln1 plots=roc(id=prob);
model pos(event='1') = MSKCC Camb Stan / nofit;
roc 'MSKCC' MSKCC;
roc 'Cambridge' Camb;
roc 'Stanford' Stan;
roccontrast reference('MSKCC') / estimate e;
run;
ods graphics off;

Can someone help, please?

Thanks,

Norman.

PS. I'm running SAS 9.2 in Windows XP
Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) X64_10PRO WIN 10.0.17763 Workstation

3 REPLIES 3
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hey Norman,

If you look in your SAS configuration file, you will see the -Xmx and -Xms options under JREOPTIONS. You can increase the memory on these options to be no more the 1/2 of your physical memory on your machine. It's best to go ahead to set both numbers to be the same. Give that a try and see if that helps.

Thanks!
Dan
Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

OK, I finally figured out how to do this.

By default, the ODS PDF statement creates Scalable Vector Graphics. Output was directed to a PDF file, from where an enlarged image was captured which was then pasted into PowerPoint (with other images, text, etc.), then made into a PDF that was sent to the printers. Care was taken to ensure that the highest quality settings were used throughout. The result was excellent.

I should add that I'm now using SAS 9.3 TS Level 1M0 on an X64_7PRO platform.

Easy when you know how!

Norman.

Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) X64_10PRO WIN 10.0.17763 Workstation

MikeZdeb
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

hi ... here's another idea ...

High Resolution PDF Graphics via the PAPERSIZE Option

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/High_Resolution_PDF_Graphics_via_the_PAPERSIZE_Option

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation