BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pmusale
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I am new to SAS and am in the learning phase. I encountered a code, part of it is pasted below:

ods html;

goptions reset = all border

ctext = CX000000 ftext = "MS Sans Serif" htext = 8pt

colors = (color1     color2     color3     color4

color5     color6     color7     color8

color9     color10    color11   color12);

axis1 minor = none label = ("random");

axis2 minor = none label = ("pdf_x");

order = (0 to 0.4 by 0.02);

symbol1 line =1 ci=CX0000FF     cv=CX0000FF     value = dot     width =1      height = 6 pt

interpol = needle;

color1 to color12 are in code formats, for simplicity I have written color1-12 here

I checked help for various statements here. I have following question:

1. colors statement has 12 colors specified in it. What I understand is that we define colors using this statement. However I am not able to understand how do we use these colors? I mean where would be color1 used, wherer would be color2 used and so on. Do we have to specify these colors again somewhere in the code?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

That's sort of the "old school" way to specify colors in SAS/Graph.  You give it a list of colors, and then the colors are consumed "as needed".  There are very few cases where you would need to use a goptions colors=() list these days.  I think of these color lists as being analogous to the pens in a pen-plotter.

In more modern SAS/Graph, you can specify colors more directly (using symbol statements for gplot, and pattern statements for gchart, etc).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

That's sort of the "old school" way to specify colors in SAS/Graph.  You give it a list of colors, and then the colors are consumed "as needed".  There are very few cases where you would need to use a goptions colors=() list these days.  I think of these color lists as being analogous to the pens in a pen-plotter.

In more modern SAS/Graph, you can specify colors more directly (using symbol statements for gplot, and pattern statements for gchart, etc).

pmusale
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks RobertAllison@SAS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation