BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AsSASsin
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I’m doing a dashboard with some tables and dials to print in pdf output with greplay.

To date everything with greplay is ok and also the template works great.

The tables are printed as images.

The very bad thing is that the dials and the text, fitting images in their box, are with something similar to aliasing.

Is there a way to make everything smooth?

This happens when the template resize the image.

The original images are very smooth png with dpi=300.

Any helps/suggestions with the options or settings?

It is a problem because the customer needs a very personalized pdf exported by a stored process and the greplay works well, but the quality of the resulting image is poor.

thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

First I would consider whether Greplay is desirable. The device based graphics greplay was designed for have many issues with different displays and this is one of them. The original graphs should be made with the idea that they will be used with replay. Which may mean changes in font sizes. line widths and resolutions and graph display area resolution.

Example: If your original graph is made in a square, hsize = vsize, and the display area within greplay does not have x and y differential the same then the graph will be rescaled. Meaning all lines, letters or symbols get stretched or compressed relative to the other dimension. The same thing happens if the original graph is some form of rectangle and gets displayed in a square.

As a minimum then height/width ratio should match the display area to be used in Greplay.

Depending on why you are using Greplay you might consider moving to either SGPanel to create graphs based on a by values or to Graph Template Language and SGrender.

AsSASsin
Quartz | Level 8
Hello,

Thank for the reply.

I respected the width/height ratio, but the quality of the stretched image is poor.
I need greplay Because I have to do a report with three dial. Every dial has a table attached to it at the bottom with a colored background(foreach dial).
I created the dial with the proc gkpi and I assigned the correct ratio. The same with the tables.
The problem is that when I close the image in the replay rectangle a sort of alias happens.
I tried to make the dial with a factor of 0.5 for the dimensions and also for the labels and text, but nothing seems to take effect.
I tried with an example found on the web with some dials: they are very good quality. If I resize the box container in greplay with a 0,5 factor the image quality is lost.
ballardw
Super User

You might find this article helpful: https://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2016/05/13/dial-kpi-using-sgplot/

The options with sgplot, such as XAXISTABLE or YAXISTABLE may make the association of a data table easier.

Or provide data and the code you are currently using to duplicate the behavior including the gdevice you are using.

Provide data in the form of a datastep and paste all code in one or more codeboxes opened using the forum's {I} menu icon.

It might not hurt to provide the output of Proc Options so that we can see all graphics options in effect.

AsSASsin
Quartz | Level 8

Unfortunately it is a private network/business and I cannot provide any data.

I will make a demo to understand if there is something to do.

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

When I worked on making this gkpi dashboard (outputting the gkpi images, and then placing them in a greplay dashboard) look better, I found that I had to create the gkpi images in the *exact* size and proportions that they would appear in the dashboard. If I did not get them exact, and greplay had to 'stretch' them at all, then they did not look good. 

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd26/kpidash.htm

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd26/kpidash_info.htm

AsSASsin
Quartz | Level 8

Hello!

This is the documentation that I used.

I noticed that also changing the size of the output in the gkpi and using the exact size doesn’t give good results.

Probably I will replace the tables png with a tabulate and use the greplay for the dials only...but it’s very very tricky.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation