BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AnalytX
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to generate graphical representations using SAS in an Excel document which can be customizable with Excel?

Thanking you in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

If you have specific graph types and this is worth automating then I'd look into the following option:

1. Designing Excel templates for each graph type, Kaplan Meier Curve and ROC curve for example, based on the SAS output you get from the relevant procedures.

2. Populate the templates and have those as the graphs used for providing to users.

The work is in setting up the templates initially because doing KM curves in Excel is a bit of a pain, but it depends on how often you need it.  But I hate spending hours customizing labels, thickness of lines and colours personally.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Generally no. However there are a lot of workarounds, but you'd need to explain more of what you're trying to do.

SAS graphics are pretty good (IMO) and even better if you go down the GTL route.

AnalytX
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your answer Reeza.

The idea is to automatically create statistical graphs which can be edited using Excel. In this way, our users can customize themselves graphs for "details" (for instance change colors, ...) without the need of always come back to us to change SAS programs.

Reeza
Super User

If you have specific graph types and this is worth automating then I'd look into the following option:

1. Designing Excel templates for each graph type, Kaplan Meier Curve and ROC curve for example, based on the SAS output you get from the relevant procedures.

2. Populate the templates and have those as the graphs used for providing to users.

The work is in setting up the templates initially because doing KM curves in Excel is a bit of a pain, but it depends on how often you need it.  But I hate spending hours customizing labels, thickness of lines and colours personally.

AnalytX
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot Reeza for you answer. I think it would be the better way to work with Excel templates working with SAS outputs.

Best,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation