BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bill
Quartz | Level 8

Just upgraded from 9.1 to 9.3.  When running the exact same program in 9.3 as previously run in 9.1, I find that the font sizes for titles, labels and axis statements have changed into a larger size.  I've compared the output of proc options for both versions and did not see any global statement to control what I suspect is GUNITS.  Both versions have a GUNITS default of CELLS.  Must be something else!

Any hints or tips on where to look / what to look for to reset 9.3 to behave like 9.1 for graphic fonts would be appreciated.

Bill

3 REPLIES 3
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

When the change was first made, I asked about it and I was told that the 9.1.3 size was slightly "incorrect" (for example, if you requested 12pt text in a graph, the font was being rendered sightly less than 12pt).  In 9.2, the fonts are being rendered in the true/requested size.

I was told ... "GOPTIONS DEVICE=ZGIF FCELL should give you what you got in 9.1.3"

Rather than modifying all my graphs to use those options, I tweaked my goptions htitle, htext, etc, so that my graphs would look good with the new/correct v9.2 font sizing.

(Tech Support might could help you more with this - if you contact them, you can mention this is related to internal tracking number S0386105.)

Bill
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Robert;

I have many automated programs that I don't want to have to go in and change all of the tiltes, labels, axes, etc.  BTW, the fonts are probably 2x larger in 9.3.

Bill

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Hmm ... you might be experiencing a different problem.

I was only seeing font sizes changing by about 10% or so.

Can you provide a small test program that demonstrates the difference you're seeing?

Are you specifying a "goptions gunit="?  (such as gunit=pct?)

What device are you using, etc?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation