BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tpham
Quartz | Level 8

I am running into some issues with fonts on our SAS server. This is the warning I am getting:

goptions reset=all devmap=winansi keymap=winansi hsize=28cm vsize=13cm;

ods rtf prepage="&graphtitle";

PROC GPLOT DATA=cumul annotate=anno5;

PLOT cum_pct*patcipn20_SS_chg=study_treat/legend=legend1 vaxis=axis1 haxis=axis2;

RUN;

WARNING: Font Albany AMT/bo could not be used.

Font SIMULATE substituted for font Albany AMT/bo.

WARNING: Font Arial could not be used.

Font SIMULATE substituted for font Arial.

So from there, I have checked for the fonts by running the following code:

proc registry list startat='core\printing\freetype\fonts';run;

I do see Albany AMT and Arial installed. So I do not know what to make of this. I did add the gooptions to reset all options (based on a google search) to try to fix the issue, but that did not work. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I can not follow the reason of winansi usage, could be the problem as a lot is moving to Java SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.3: Reference, Third Edition (devmap)

Cyntia Zender did make a reference ot the Albany AMT in this track. https://communities.sas.com/thread/57463.

Looks Albany AMT is the look alike of Arial being the new standard. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

I am assuming the fonts are specified in either the title, legen and/or axis statements. You might include those. I have run into some cases where how the external fonts are referenced causes this message. It will help diagnose if the code is included.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I can not follow the reason of winansi usage, could be the problem as a lot is moving to Java SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.3: Reference, Third Edition (devmap)

Cyntia Zender did make a reference ot the Albany AMT in this track. https://communities.sas.com/thread/57463.

Looks Albany AMT is the look alike of Arial being the new standard. 

Tpham
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for this. Your links actually led me to figure out why it is doing this. It turns out that the SAS server I was on, the administrator specified a specific SAS location for another department (long story, but I'm the only one in the US in my department that uses SAS, so I'm using another's US Department's SAS server).

From reading around the links you provided and the links those links provided, I figured out that the fonts I was using was not registered in SAS, therefore I had to manually registered the fonts. It was weird to me that on a Windows machine, the program could not recognized  Arial.

So my follow up question, where does SAS store its default font. I am still missing Albany AMT and I do not see it in the Windows default font folder  (C:\Windows\Font)? So basically the 'core\printing\freetype\fonts' location.. I did try looking at SASfoundation\9.2\Core, but the printing folder does not exist..

Andre
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Tpham,

This may perhaps help you too

Sometimes  you have the need to recopy sas fonts

we encounter at a install of 9.3.2 under 32bits   this

http://support.sas.com/kb/49/368.html

and for 9.2.3  this was usefull   with another java (than 5.12)     if i remenber well

http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/v92/AlternateJRE.html

HTH

Andre

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

As long as I could follow what is happening with those fonts is something weird.
In the old days the system fonts where used. The Graphics environment was an exception, there SAS did supply the fonts.
As you can run SAS on many systems Windows Unix and Mainframe having a lot of different types. That makes a predictable presentation very difficult.

Than installing some Windows clients I noticed that not the systemfonts were used but fonts included with JAVA. As JAVA is a virtual machines it is having his own fonts.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/intl/font.html and ....

SAS is having/using his own fonts, look in the config.sas file:   -FONTSLOC " ....\SASHome\ReportFontsforClients\9.3"    (The SAShome is the default name for installing SAS at 9.3)

There are a lot of ttf files there.     

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation