Data visualization with SAS programming

GTL - Dynamic axis label based on variable in datapanel, datalattice layout

Occasional Contributor

GTL - Dynamic axis label based on variable in datapanel, datalattice layout

Hi,
I am trying to find a way to have axis labels defined by a variable in my data set. I want to plot lab values of different tests that have different units in one GTL template so I my axis label to reflect this. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alain
SAS Super FREQ

Re: GTL - Dynamic axis label based on variable in datapanel, datalattice layout

Hey Alain,

I have an example an example of doing something very similar to this in my paper "Secrets of the SG Procedure". Look at the section called "Paneled Plots with Different Data Range" starting at the end of page 9. The example on page 10 seems to be what you want. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks!

paper: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/324-2009.pdf Message was edited by: DanH@sas
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Many thanks, I came across your example and I agree it is a work around. Any idea if Phase 2 will offer more possibilities of using variables in text entries or labels?

Thanks,
Alain
SAS Super FREQ

Currently, the only variables you can use in an ENTRY statement or axis label are variables that are part of expressions that return a scalar value, such as eval(mean(weight)). If there is additional functionality you need in this area, you may want to call Technical Support and describe the new functionality you need to them.

Thanks!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation