BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Harris
Calcite | Level 5

Helou,

I'm trying to make radar graph with proc gradar. I need to change axis range and legend. Unfortunately, I if I use axis statement, it doesn't affect to major ticks. There is following example in SAS support pages for this modifying, but it does work only partially:

proc format library=library;

value mnth

1="Jan/Feb" 2="Mar/Apr" 3="May/Jun"

4="Jul/Aug" 5="Sep/Oct" 6="Nov/Dec";

run;

data goals;
   input month Division $ value @@;
   format month mnth.;
   format value percentn7.0;
datalines;
1 Parts .43 1 Tools .82
2 Parts .86 2 Tools .32
3 Parts .70 3 Tools .65
4 Parts .35 4 Tools .52
5 Parts .84 5 Tools .62
6 Parts .55 6 Tools .43
;
run;
goptions reset=all border hsize=5.15in vsize=4.2in;
axis1 order=(0 to .4 by .4, .6 to 1 by .2) value=(height=3pct c=blue tick=1 "");
axis2 order=(0 to .4 by .4, .6 to 1 by .2) value=none;
proc gradar data=goals;
   chart month / sumvar=value
      staraxis=(axis1 axis2 axis2 axis2 axis2 axis2)
      noframe height=3.25
      starinradius=0
      overlayvar=division;
run;
quit;

Labels are blue in axis1, but I got only labels 0.32, 0.59 and  0.86. In legend there is problem too, because line and tex are limited. I'm using SAS enterprice guide 4.3.0 and sas 9.21.

6 REPLIES 6
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Support for the axis statement order= option was added to gradar in SAS 9.3.

Since you are using SAS 9.21, you do not have that functionality yet.

Here is a little more detail and an example of the new feature in 9.3:

Dr. Allison's best of the best of What's New in V9.3 SAS/GRAPH...

Harris
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the information, Robert. Is there any posibility to change legend (position, label...) in the same way that it is possible in for example in bar chart?

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I'm not sure off-hand (I don't use radar charts very often).  What have you tried, and what results did you see (if any)?

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I did some more checking, and found that gradar supports a 'nolegend' option, but other than that does not support any legend control.  It does not honor a legend= option.  I have entered a request to hopefully get that added in the future.

Harris
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Robert,

That was also my conclusion. So Proc Gradar makes legend automatically, and only posibility is use annotate, if user wants to make legend in the different way. I hope they will add legend option in future, because it is inside other graphs.

Bill
Quartz | Level 8

Since a bar chart will give you the control that you'd like to have, why not use a bar chart?  Bar charts far exceed the information conveyance of a radar chart - http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/dmreview/radar_graphs.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation