BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cappertan
Calcite | Level 5

I have 3 numbers representing volume captured on these dates :

volume: 7703, 7759, 7814

rundate  : 1115, 1215, 0116

Volume is the Xaxis and Date is the Yaxis.

I have the following GPLOT statements:

goptions reset=symbol;
SYMBOL1 CV=BLUE VALUE=DOT H=1
I=JOIN CI=RED LINE=1 W=1;
*Write the plot;
proc gplot data= WORK.QC_TREND_WORKING;
plot volume * rundate ;
run;
quit;

When I run this I get the attached graph.

How do I get the dates/plots from spacing so far apart ?

Thanks

Cappertan

cappertan_Gplot_graph_example.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

That is the default spacing.  You haven't provied any options, so it uses the default.  

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/graphref/63022/HTML/default/viewer.htm#goptionschap.htm

You can change a lot of the options with the above.  I would suggest though that you move to sgplot or Graph Template Language.  Its far more robust and flexible, here you can find many examples:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/

ballardw
Super User

If the issue is spacing between your 'dates', it might help to actually use date values and date formats. 

GPLOT will fill the amount of space set to create  graphs. If your data is sparse and you do not want the graph to be so wide then use goptons to either change the HSIZE or HPIXELS values. Or specify a LENGTH for your Xaxis using an AXIS statement and associating the HAXIS gplot option with that defined axis.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation