BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I have a report which is generated by combination of multiple reporting and graph procedure like proc ghcart, gplot , report, greplay and gkpi , boxplot. SAS has some default sytle to TITLE and FOOTNOTE for some procedure . Like BOLD , ITALIC and specific font type and size .

I want to use same font/type/color throughout report . Also do not want bold title by default . how to do this?

I have 'note'  and 'ods pdf text=' also and want to have control on text there also. Can any one suggest method to do this? Specially I want to UN'BOLD' the titles and footnotes which comes as default for procs.

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, you can put style information in a title/footnote part, e.g.

title j=c f='SAS Monospace' h=8pt 'Title';

However if you want it to be consitent then you need to write a style template.  Right click on the output in the output window of SAS 9.3 for example and select templates.  In there you will see default ones, printer, rtf etc.  You can either copy these or inherit from them.

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/112-31.pdf

I would also suggest you move to sgplot, and GTL (Graph Template Language) to experience the full latest technology.

ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

It was helpful but I find it difficult to know which class from style will be for which part. Class for title is not same across procs . I did not get class for title using proc boxplot.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Unfortunately we all find it difficult to work with templates, and tagsets for that matter.  There seems to be no documentation for them as far as I can tell, its a matter of taking what is there - defaults template - and modifying it until you get the result you need.  Also, as I suggest, move to sgplot, and sgrender (GTL), far more flexibility.

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

One way would be to store the text options you want to use in a macro variable, such as ...

%let titlstuf=font='albany amt' color=red height=14pt;

And then any time you have a title/footnote/note/etc you want to have those text options, then use that macro variable in them, such as ...

title1 &titlstuf ls=1.5 "Here is my title";

footnote &titlstuf "Here is my footnote";

proc gplot data=sashelp.class;

note &titlstuf move=(15pct,80pct) "Here is my note";

plot height*weight;

run;

ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

That is nice stuff to know . I am definately going to use this tip.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation