Data visualization with SAS programming

Equal Bar Width when using SGPANEL

Super Contributor

Equal Bar Width when using SGPANEL

Hello,

When using hbarparm with SGPANEL, is there a way to ensure that each barwidth is exactly the same, similarly to what the output in SGPLOT looks like? In SGPANEL, I've adjusted the barwidth and also used the proportional option, and sometimes the barwidths look the same, however sometimes they are not. Please see the example below. You can see that the panel with only 1 record in it, has a slightly smaller width then the other panels. Also if I do not use the proportional statement then the panel with only 1 record has a much larger width then the other panels.

Barwidth.png

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Kriss

Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Equal Bar Width when using SGPANEL

I woud imagine that you would need to specify the width of each output using one of the options, I don't know of the top of my head (haven't used sgpanel in ages).  You can however find many examples:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/

Just a search for hbparm results in many posts on the subject.

Super Contributor

Thank you for this RW9, unfortunately, I could not see any similar posts on the blog.
SAS Super FREQ

I believe you have run into the special case for computation of bar widths when there is only one bar in the graph or cell.  I cannot think of any workaround for this at this time.

Super Contributor

That's fine Sanjay, if I make the barwidths smaller then they do eventually become the same size. At the moment the Statistician is happy with the graph. Maybe in the future, there can be an option to have all the bars the same width.

Thank you.

SAS Super FREQ

Its a defect.  In future, it will be fixed.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you :-)
Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation