BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DNYabs
Obsidian | Level 7

So, I am trying to analyze ordinal data for a virus study, wheat streak mosaic virus (WSMV). The ordinal severity scores ranged from 1 (no viral symptoms) to 5 (severe chlorosis/death). Two cultivars/varieties were inoculated with three MSMV isolates. The following SAS code was used:

Proc Logistic descending data = DAL4 Plots = All;
Class GH Rep Cultivar Inoculum PR;
Model ViralScore = Cultivar | Inoculum / rsquare CLodds = PL;
oddsratio Cultivar;
oddsratio Inoculum / at (Cultivar = All);
Run;

There are some cool ODS graphs in the output that I would like to include in a report. However, the fonts are too small. Is there a way that I can change the font sizes and re-position the legends on the graphs?

Yours logistic novice!

6 REPLIES 6
DNYabs
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your response Warren, I was looking more at editing the already produced figures than coding or re-coding. Is no way to edit an already produced figure in SAS 9.4?

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

You can use the ODS Graphics Editor to do it. Check out this paper from Sanjay for more details: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2008/235-2008.pdf

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Of course @DanH_sas is correct.  Remember though, if you always want the same kinds of changes, you can make them once in the templates, or you can make them every time using the graph editor.  Both are extremely useful.

DNYabs
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the links. I will use those to learn a little bit more. I usually get these graphics in my proc glimmix, mixed and glm's LASSO and such. Knowing how to edit those and make them a little bit more presentable would be awesome.

Thanks again!

DNYabs
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Dan,

This worked for what I needed to achieve. Although I could not change the fonts for both axes individually this approach was pretty good. I have always appreciated SAS for its versatility as a statistical tool. Not so much for auto-generated graphics resolution. I presume studio generates better graphics/figures?

Thanks again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation