BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KevinViel
Pyrite | Level 9

I created a PDF, but the title, created using ENTRYTITLE appears truncated, but in the middle of a letter.  I can copy and paste the entire text.  Selecting a smaller font size "displays" the title as expect.  This was from 10pt to 8pt.

This is created using SAS v9.4 on the Unix OS with

ods listing

style           = custom

gpath         = "results"

image_dpi = 350

;

ods graphics on

/ reset  = all

imagename = "this"

imagefmt     = "pdf"

;

I would appreciate any suggestions or directions.

Thank you,

Kevin 

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Please provide some example data in the form of a datastep and the entire code using that data to replicate the problem.

Since the limited amount of example code you show doesn't include ENTRYTITLE anywhere it is very hard to tell what the issues may be.

KevinViel
Pyrite | Level 9

I will review the code.  I may not be able to post much, since it is for a client.

I reiterate that the appearance of the title in the PDF is truncated, unevenly in the middle of a letter.  I can copy and paste the ENTIRE title.

I suspect that the area for the ENTRYTITLE is being encroached upon by the area of the plot (WALLDISPLAY?).  What troubles me about that suspicion is that the truncation is "eratic".  Its not like a line is missing, rather only a portion of the line is showing.

Thank you,

Kevin

bnawrocki
Quartz | Level 8

I'm seeing the exact same thing - for the ENTRYTITLE text written to a PDF output, the last letter is only half-printed (the left-side of the letter is shown, but not the right-half). Seems as though SAS isn't telling the PDF the entire width of the title.

For example, my code was this:

proc template;
define statgraph LabPHEData;
dynamic _WEEK _Y1 _Y2 _GROUP_BY;
begingraph / datacolors=(YELLOW ORANGE RED);
   entrytitle halign=center textattrs=(FAMILY='Calibri' SIZE=8pt WEIGHT=bold) 'Influenza Positive Tests Reported by Our State Laboratory of Public Health (SLPH) and PHE Facilities';

and the output looks like what's in the attachment.

I solved the problem by adding a space (or two) to the end of the text, so my code became

entrytitle halign=center textattrs=(FAMILY='Calibri' SIZE=8pt WEIGHT=bold) 'Influenza Positive Tests Reported by Our State Laboratory of Public Health (SLPH) and PHE Facilities  ';

Capture.PNG
travelerxyz
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks this tip is a life saver!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation