Data visualization with SAS programming

Dynamic Scatter Plot --Proc Sgrender

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Dynamic Scatter Plot --Proc Sgrender

I would like to set the Yaxis  start and end values to 15Sep2013 and 30Sep2013. I would like to see the activity for each day. what should be the increment value then? I have it as 1. But it is not working. Thanks.

The code i am using is below:

proc template;

define statgraph dyn_scatter;

dynamic _x _y _grp _valign;

begingraph;

entrytitle '_x';

layout overlay/yaxisopts=(label='Month' linearopts=(tickvaluesequence=(start="15Sep2013"d end="30Sep2013"d increment=1)))

xaxisopts=(label='Check Amount' linearopts=(tickvaluesequence=(start=0 end=200000 increment=20000) viewmin=0 ));

scatterplot x=check_amount y=date / group=status datatransparency=0.1

name='a' markerattrs=(symbol=circlefilled size=10);

if (exists(_grp))

discretelegend 'a' / location=inside

valign=_valign halign=right across=1;

endif;

endlayout;

endgraph;

end;

run;

proc sgrender data=CRO_Final_Paymentfile template=dyn_scatter;

dynamic _x='Check_Amount' _y='Date' _grp='Status' _valign='Top';

run;

Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-01-2014 09:40 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Dynamic Scatter Plot --Proc Sgrender

It is hard to say what is going on without the data.  Please attach data.

If the variable "Date" has a SAS time format, then your Y axis will be of TYPE=Time by default, and you should use the TIMEOPTS bundle, with VIEWMIN, VIEWMAX and INTERVAL..

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-01-2014 09:40 AM
SAS Super FREQ

It is hard to say what is going on without the data.  Please attach data.

If the variable "Date" has a SAS time format, then your Y axis will be of TYPE=Time by default, and you should use the TIMEOPTS bundle, with VIEWMIN, VIEWMAX and INTERVAL..

Occasional Contributor

I have date values which i plotted along Y axis in date9. format. the date values range from 17Sep2013 to 15Apr2014. Thanks Sanjay!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Sanjay. Timeopts worked.

Occasional Contributor

is there an option to set the color for variable used with group ? i have 3 different values for the group=status variable. I dont like the default colorsSmiley Happy. Thanks.

proc template;

define statgraph dyn_scatter;

dynamic _x _y _grp _valign;

begingraph;

entrytitle 'Check Activity Month 1';

layout overlay/xaxisopts=(linearopts=(tickvalueformat=Dollar12. viewmin=0 viewmax=250000 tickvaluelist=(25000 50000 100000 150000 200000 205000 )))

yaxisopts=(timeopts=(tickvalueformat=date9. viewmin="15Sep2013"d viewmax="15Oct2013"d tickvaluelist=("15Sep2013"d "30Sep2013"d "15Oct2013"d )));

scatterplot x=check_amount y=date / group=status datatransparency=0.2 name='a' markerattrs=(symbol=trianglefilled size=10);

if (exists(_grp)) discretelegend 'a' / location=inside

valign=_valign halign=right across=1;

endif;

endlayout;

endgraph;

end;

run;

Grand Advisor

Colors are defined in the ODS style active when making the graph. Either try other styles or make a custom one with desired colors. You'll need to check with the documentation as to which elements to change as some use graphdatacolor and some use contrastcolor.

SAS Super FREQ

For those using SAS 9.4 or later, group colors (and symbols and line patterns) can be defined in the SG (StyleAttrs) or GTL (BeginGraph) code.  So, while deriving a custom style is still a good way, it is no longer necessary.

Generally, filled areas (Bars, Bands, etc.) use DATACOLORS and lines and markers use DATACONTRASTCOLOR.

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation