Data visualization with SAS programming

Does PROC GMAP work with ODS HTML5?

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Does PROC GMAP work with ODS HTML5?

I am trying to create a HTML map using the new ODS HTML5 feature in SAS 9.4.  I was hoping that using the 'inline' statement would allow me to create html maps that weren't dependent on a picture file.  However, when I run the code below, it still outputs a gmap.png file and the HTML file doesn't work unless it can reference the .png file.  It also appears that the hsize/vsize options that previously controlled the size of the mao no longer work when using ODS HTML5. 

ods listing close;

ods HTML5 options (bitmap_mode='inline')

path = '.' file='testMap.html'

style=htmlblue;

proc gmap data=maps.us map=maps.us;

id state;

choro state;

run;

quit;

ODS HTML5 CLOSE;

ODS LISTING;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-08-2015 11:08 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Does PROC GMAP work with ODS HTML5?

A couple of items:

1. Make sure that the HTML destination is closed, as it it is open by default. Maybe replace LISTING with _ALL_.

2. The default graph device for HTML5 is SVG. If you set goptions device=png with your code, you should get the embedded image.

Hope this helps!

Dan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-08-2015 11:08 AM
SAS Super FREQ

A couple of items:

1. Make sure that the HTML destination is closed, as it it is open by default. Maybe replace LISTING with _ALL_.

2. The default graph device for HTML5 is SVG. If you set goptions device=png with your code, you should get the embedded image.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Frequent Contributor

Hi Dan, changing the device to png did the trick.  I am not familiar with the new SVG device, I will read up on that.  Thanks!

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation