BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sfo
Quartz | Level 8 sfo
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I am using SAS 9.2 and looking for a solution where I can

1. display the values (as circles) on the box plot using proc boxplot or gplot. I am not confortable in sgplot.

2. some of the values may overlap, so is there a way to jitter them?

3. display summary stats (min, max, median and mean) on the graph (similar to inset) option.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Which values do want to display? Each observation? Outliers? Extreme Outliers only?

With GPLOT you can overlay a scatter plot over a box plot but anything resempling inset data requires annotate data sets.

I strongly recommend not arbitrarily removing optional solutions such as SGPLOT. Especially with the enhancements that have been added with the later releases the statistical graphing procedures are where new features are being added. For instance if you only want to display outliers then the SPREAD option provides some help with displaying identical values without the need for code to "jitter" responses.

sfo
Quartz | Level 8 sfo
Quartz | Level 8

I want to get all the values displayed.

I can explore SGPLOT option, but I heard there are limitations using the procedure on SAS 9.2?

Could you help me how to overlay all subjects in SGPLOT?

ballardw
Super User

I am not going to attempt to make up data that may not be a good match for your project. If you have some example data in a SAS dataset you can follow instructions from this link https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... to convert it into datastep code that you could post here. The folks could attempt to create a solution with data to test.

Some issues may come into play such as what size display area you want to show the values in, how many values and how many categories are involved. If you have lots of values there may not be any practical way to fit them into a 2inch by 2inch display for example.

It is a good thing that you mention SAS 9.2 because there are lots of things that may have been suggested for later versions. Is your release 9.2.3 or later? There were a large number of changes made at that release.

sfo
Quartz | Level 8 sfo
Quartz | Level 8

It is 9.2

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation