BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASSLICK001
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All

When I run sas graph program in different computers I am getting different outputs!

One system has SAS 9.3 and other has 9.4.

The one which has SAS 9.3 produces somehow produces  bigger markers,  and text is appearing much more darker! Is there any reason for this? Do I need to check any thing in order to produce consistent outputs across ?

Please let me know your thoughts

Capture.PNG

BTW im using  latest SAS 9.4 Maintainance Release 2 (TS1M2)

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

The most likely cause for different sizes would different ods styles active at the time the code is run. Even the same named styles can have slightly differing appearances between installations as many inherit characteristics from styles.default. If the base style.default changed then the dependent ones did as well.

A second difference can sometimes be whether the output is going to HTML, PDF or RTF. Size characteristics get treated somewhat differently by the different destinations. So if one output was to HTML and the other PDF this could be part of the reason.

Third, colors change with monitors and monitor settings or different printers. Changing the screen resolution to higher density will tend to make colors appear a tad darker.

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Some additional details might be needed

Are you using SAS/Graph proc gplot?

Are you using the symbol statement (and which marker? ... value=dot? or font-based markers?)

Which device are you using? (goptions device=png, gif, java, activex, other?)

Or are you perhaps using pdf output?

Which ods style are you using? And are you taking the default text font, or specifying a font?

RickPack
Fluorite | Level 6

Post-submission edit: The defaults are the same. Only their sequencing is different. I have still not solved the sizing problem.

I am currently experiencing this problem and I noticed that I am seeing some differences between the SAS 9.3 and SAS 9.4 ODS default style templates. You can see your defaults using:

PROC TEMPLATE;
SOURCE STYLES.DEFAULT /
FILE='C:\DefaultStyle.sas';
RUN;

RickPack
Fluorite | Level 6

Martin Mincey of SAS customer support provided the following solution, which only added the VPOS and HPOS parameters to our GOPTIONS statement:

GOPTIONS RESET=ALL FTEXT="Arial" DEVICE=GIF HSIZE=8.4 gsfmode=replace

VPOS=42  HPOS=100;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation