BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Bill
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all;

I'd like to create a page with gslide and ods pdf to produce a page with a series of shortcuts that link to various (pdf) files in the same directory. For instance, the shortcut may show as HM on the slide and lead to \server\directory\subdirectory\HotMill.pdf.

Does anyone have some basic code that I can use to get started?

Using SAS 9.4 on Windows ...

Thank you,

Bill 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bill
Quartz | Level 8

And now I have it working.Smiley Happy  The \'s in the sharepoint link need to be turned around. The forward slash /  is needed - as shown below.

note link="file://sharepoint/CoilReports/Yield/AMT_Yield2015.pdf" "AMT Yield Report";

Other ideas are still welcome!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bill
Quartz | Level 8

I've managed to get part way ...

ods pdf file="c:\temp\testfile.pdf" notoc;

proc gslide;

note link="\\sharepoint\CoilReports\Yield\AMT_Yield2015.pdf" "AMT Yield Report";

note link="http://duarte.com" "Duarte";

run;

quit;

ods pdf close;

The duarte.com link works as expected,

however, the sharepoint link produced is prefixed with file:///C|/ and all of the \'s between the directory levels have been deleted.

Any tips for how to solve this latest difficulty?

Or is there another way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thank you,

Bill

Bill
Quartz | Level 8

And now I have it working.Smiley Happy  The \'s in the sharepoint link need to be turned around. The forward slash /  is needed - as shown below.

note link="file://sharepoint/CoilReports/Yield/AMT_Yield2015.pdf" "AMT Yield Report";

Other ideas are still welcome!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation