BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am trying to plot additional features over my surface plot by G3D procedure, however I am having problems setting the correct coordinate value.

I want an arrow to be placed at a certain location, and the whole domain is:

x=20-60 (latitude)
y=200-260 (longitude)
z=10.000-7.000 (pressure)

I am defining my x y z coordinates in the annotate dataset as the actual values in the original dataset i.e. x=20 y=200 z=10.000 (the origin) and set my xsys ysys zsys variables to "3".

However the arrow appears not in the exact x y z location but shifted with some arbitrary value in all 3 dimensions.

What can be the reason for this??

Thanks a lot.
2 REPLIES 2
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
xsys, ysys, zsys = "3" treats the coordinates as "% of the graphics area", therefore x=20 is treated as 20% of the way from the left side of the graphics area, etc.

Since you are using actual (data) values as your x, y, z then you will want to use xsys, ysys, zsys = "2".

-----

For more info on the xsys/ysys coordinate system values, the following table might help:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/graphref/63022/HTML/default/images/annodata-fig3.gif
deleted_user
Not applicable
Oh yeah thats it. Thanks..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation