BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Dear Expert,

I would like to know your suggestions on converting the RTF file into PNG file. I am unable to attach teh rtf file, so i am sharing the screenshot of the rtf file.

I tried the conversion using proc gprint procedure, however a graphic file is generated with the RTF code but not the image.

Please let me know if there is any way to achieve this, i am working on sas 9.3. Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
9 REPLIES 9
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.2: Reference, Second Edition

Second section.  I would also move to sgplot or GTL.

Reeza
Super User

I doubt you can use the same code to switch your process from RTF to PNG, most likely it will be a redesign.

You'd have to show what type of code you're using, but I'm guessing that you're using something like in this paper:

http://www.wuss.org/proceedings11/Papers_Carpenter_A_74920.pdf

You may want to look into export the RTF file into PDF or PNG from Word via DDE if you want to avoid the redesign process.

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Yes Reeza you guessed it right, i referred to the same article and generated the RTF file, however i want the output in image file. would you like to share any articles which have this information.

I will try exporting of RTF to PNG. The only way this is making it difficult is that i am unable to use any graphic options as i am not using any graph procedures to generate the output.

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
Reeza
Super User

I took a quick look into the converting Word into PNG and it didn't seem to be straightforward either - it seems to be that you would have to convert it to PDF then PNG

Why the need for PNG?

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this via SAS using Graph Procedures. 

In any case this may be a situation of not using the right tool for the right job, i.e. SAS may not be the right tool.  The way I've done it historically was to generate the templates in Excel, export to excel and then convert to PDF. I've never had the need to generate a PNG though....

art297
Opal | Level 21

If you're on Windows, you could always use Windows' snippingtool. One of its save options is PNG.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

FYI...If you are using SAS9.4M2 or later, you can use the POLYGON plot to create such flow diagrams using SGPLOT procedure.

ShaneRosanbalm
Obsidian | Level 7

Sanjay, do you have an example of using a POLYGON plot to generate a consort diagram (or something vaguely similar)? I have just started working on the topic of how to generate consort diagrams using SGPLOT and any leg up you could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Shane.  As I recall you were attempting to use the feedback "Outfile" option of the TEXT plot to get the size of the text box to determine the layout.  That is quite a sophisticated approach.

I posted a simpler solution today.  Hope that can help too.

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2016/10/20/outside-box-consort-diagram/

ShaneRosanbalm
Obsidian | Level 7

Sanjay,

I will definitely review the code to see what I can borrow to make my own macro simpler.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation