Data visualization with SAS programming

Charts on top of each other in exported spread sheet

Highlighted
New Contributor

Charts on top of each other in exported spread sheet

[ Edited ]

First off, I'm very new to SAS, and I've inherited a large program that creates all sorts of wonderful graphs. We upgraded to SAS 9.4 and now all the graphs are on top of each other in the final Excel output.

So far as I can tell, the program creates the graphs and exports them to HTML files (with many graphs in each file). The HTML files are then joined together as sheets in an Excel document. The HTML files all look good, but when the final step combines them all the graphs in each sheet are on top of each other.

I'm not 100% sure which parts of the extensive code are the most helpful for solving the issue, but I'll post what I think is relevant. Considering the HTML files look fine, I'm guessing it's the final step to combine the files that is the problem (I've changed the file names, and there are a lot more in the real version - it also combines some Excel sheets into tabs if that's relevant).

options NOQuoteLenMax;

%put NOTE: PATH=&path;

ods tagsets.msoffice2k_x 
	path	= "&path" 
	file	= "Combined_Graphs.xls" 
	gpath	= "&path\GRAPHS" 			/* Location for graphic output*/
	style	= statistical 				/* ODS Style template */
   	options(/*doc='Help'*/   
			tabcolor="Red"
			worksheet_source = "Graphs1#&path.\graphs1.html, Graphs2#&path.\graphs2.html");

ods tagsets.msoffice2k_x close;
ods listing ;

options QuoteLenMax; * Re-set option to default;

I have tried changing the ODS method to the newer ODS EXCEL but this seems to cause more problems than it solves.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation