BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kivester
Obsidian | Level 7

Using sas v 9.4, I am trying to get my graphs in the correct format for a specific journal. All of the graph text including axis labels and tick mark labels need to be Arial 8 point font. I am able to create an editable graph so that I can open in ods graphics editor and easily change the axis label font and size, but not the size of the font for the tick marks  with the following code:

ods graphics on;

ods listing style=statistical sge=on;

proc glimmix;

class trainer;

model resp=trainer/ link=log solution;

random int/ subject=horse type=ar(1);

lsmeans trainer/ ilink cl adjust=tukey plot=meanplot(ilink);

run;

How can I change the font size for the tick marks?

Thank you!

Katy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

An alternative to Draycut's suggestion is to derive a new Style from the one you want (say HTMLBlue), and change the GRAPHVALUEFONT setting in the "class GraphFonts" section.  Then, use this style with your program.  With "sans-serif", you will likely get Arial, but you can specify Arial if you want.

proc template;
   define style myStyle; 
      parent = Styles.HTMLBlue; 
      style GraphFonts from GraphFonts                                                      
         "Fonts used in graph styles" /                                                       
         'GraphValueFont' = ("<sans-serif>, <MTsans-serif>",8pt);             
; 
   end;

ods html style=htmlblue;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
  vbar age;
run;

ods html style=myStyle;
  vbar age;
run;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't think the option exists in PROC GLIMMIX itself. But you can modify the underlying template that creates the graph like this.

I took an example from the SAS documentation for demonstration purposes. I use ODS TRACE ON before the GLIMMIX Procedure to find the relevant template. Then I write the template to the log with the following PROC TEMPLATE. Finally, I simply Copy Paste the PROC TEMPLATE into my editor, make the relevant changes, run the revised PROC TEMPLATE and rerun the PROC GLIMMIX.

/* GLIMMIX Example from SAS Documentation */
data plants;
input Type $ @;
do Block = 1 to 3;
input StemLength @;
output;
end;
datalines;
Clarion   32.7 32.3 31.5 
Clinton   32.1 29.7 29.1 
Knox      35.7 35.9 33.1 
;

/* Use ODS Trace On to find the used template for the DiffPlot */
ods graphics on;
ods trace on;
ods select DiffPlot;
proc glimmix data=plants order=data plots=Diffogram;
	class Block Type;
	model StemLength = Block Type;
	lsmeans Type;
run;
ods graphics off;

/* Write the template to the log */
proc template;
  source Stat.Graphics.DiffPlot;
run;

/* - Copy/Paste in the PROC TEMPLATE Step from the log
   - Make the relevant changes to the template 
   - Rerun the PROC GLIMMIX                            */
proc template;
source Stat.Graphics.DiffPlot;
define statgraph Stat.Graphics.DiffPlot;
   dynamic _Title _Ylabel _LegTitle _cpoint _lines _byline_ _bytitle_ _byfootnote_;
   BeginGraph / designwidth=defaultDesignHeight;
      entrytitle _TITLE;
      layout lattice / rows=1 columns=1;
         layout overlayequated / equatetype=square yaxisopts=(display=(line ticks tickvalues)
            offsetmin=0.04 offsetmax=0.04 griddisplay=off) 

/* Make the change to the template here */
            xaxisopts=(display=(line ticks tickvalues) offsetmin=0.04 offsetmax=0.04 griddisplay=off TICKVALUEATTRS=(SIZE=8));

seriesplot y=YVL x=XVL / break=true lineattrs=GRAPHGRIDLINES datatransparency=0
               rolename=(_id1=ID_REF) tip=(_id1);
            seriesplot y=YHL x=XHL / break=true lineattrs=GRAPHGRIDLINES datatransparency=0
               rolename=(_id1=ID_REF) tip=(_id1);
            lineparm slope=1 y=0 x=0 / clip=true lineattrs=GRAPHREFERENCE (pattern=dash)
               extend=true;
            if (_LINES)
               seriesplot y=LSM_ x=LSM / break=true group=GROUP index=INDEX lineattrs=(
                  thickness=GraphFit:linethickness) rolename=(_id1=ID_COMP) tip=(_id1) name=
                  "Means" primary=true;
            endif;
            if (_CPOINT=1)
               if (_LINES)
                  scatterplot y=LSM_Y x=LSM_X / group=GROUP index=INDEX markerattrs=(symbol=
                     GraphDataDefault:MarkerSymbol) rolename=(_id1=ID_MX _id2=ID_MY _id3=ID_CB
                     ) tip=(_id1 _id2 _id3);
               else
                  scatterplot y=LSM_Y x=LSM_X / group=GROUP index=INDEX rolename=(_id1=ID_MX
                     _id2=ID_MY _id3=ID_DIFF _id4=ID_CB) tip=(_id1 _id2 _id3 _id4) name=
                     "Means" primary=true;
               endif;
            endif;
            scatterplot y=MIN x=LSM1 / markerattrs=(size=0) datalabel=LEVEL;
            scatterplot y=LSM2 x=MAX / markerattrs=(size=0) datalabel=LEVEL;
         endlayout;
         columnheaders;
            discretelegend "Means" / title=_LEGTITLE titleattrs=GRAPHVALUETEXT valign=bottom
               halign=center across=2;
         endcolumnheaders;
      endlayout;
      if (_BYTITLE_)
         entrytitle _BYLINE_ / textattrs=GRAPHVALUETEXT;
      else
         if (_BYFOOTNOTE_)
            entryfootnote halign=left _BYLINE_;
         endif;
      endif;
   EndGraph;
end;
run;

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

An alternative to Draycut's suggestion is to derive a new Style from the one you want (say HTMLBlue), and change the GRAPHVALUEFONT setting in the "class GraphFonts" section.  Then, use this style with your program.  With "sans-serif", you will likely get Arial, but you can specify Arial if you want.

proc template;
   define style myStyle; 
      parent = Styles.HTMLBlue; 
      style GraphFonts from GraphFonts                                                      
         "Fonts used in graph styles" /                                                       
         'GraphValueFont' = ("<sans-serif>, <MTsans-serif>",8pt);             
; 
   end;

ods html style=htmlblue;
  vbar age;
run;

ods html style=myStyle;
  vbar age;
run;
kivester
Obsidian | Level 7
Wonderful! Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation